Civil Division: Bond Forfeitures, Seizures/Asset Forfeitures, PIA (Public Information Act)/Open Records, Juvenile, CPS, APS, Mental Health Commitments
represents the State of Texas in Civil Mental Health Commitments
- Representation and/or Coordination of County Lawsuits
- Asset Forfeitures / Bond Forfeitures / Bail Bond Board
- Mental Health Civil Commitments
- Child Protective Services-Parental Rights Cases
- Adult Protective Services-Elder or Disabled Abuse Cases
The Civil Division acts as General Counsel for Kaufman County and its elected or appointed officials, providing legal advice. These officials include the Commissioners' Court, the sheriff, the district and county clerks, the county auditor, and the purchasing agent, among others. Civil prosecutors advise these officials on the legal aspects of their governmental obligations. Civil attorneys represent and defend Kaufman County and its officials in all aspects of civil litigation. Practice areas include, but are not limited to, personal injury, property damage, civil rights, contracts, collections, condemnations, employment law, and bail bond forfeitures in both state and federal trial and appellate courts.