Library cards are free to all Kaufman County residents. Library cards may be obtained by presenting identification for proof of identity (photo ID such as a Texas driver's license) and proof of residency showing name and current Kaufman County address.
A photo ID and these forms of ID are accepted:
- Driver's License
- Issued Identification Card
- Automobile Insurance Card
- Utility Bill
- Phone Bill
- Property Tax Bill
- Children must be 6 years old and in the first grade to obtain a library.
- A parent or legal guardian must be present to sign for children under 18.
- A Kaufman County Library card in good standing is required for all public computer use.
- Library cards must be updated every 2 years.
- Replacement cards are $1.