An applicant must provide all necessary information and show proper identification prior to obtaining a copy of the certificate:
- Full name as it appears on Military Discharge record
- Approximate Date of Discharge
- Your relationship to veteran
- Your Name and mailing address
- Valid identification (Photo ID preferred)
This information is required by the Texas Government Code Sec. 552.140. Military Records filed after September 1, 2003 are considered confidential information for 75 years; therefore, all requirements must be met.